Bead Soup Party Reveal

Bead Soup Party Reveal

by Lyn Foley on February 9, 2010

Necklace

Necklace I made with copper links and focal from Cindy and my glass beads and hammered circle links

Cindy Beads
Beads Cindy Wimmer Made for Me
Bead Soup Party
Click For Bead Soup Party Players

Remember the Bead Soup Party?  Each of us Party Players were given a partner by  hostess Lori Anderson. (Thanks Lori, for setting up the party – go on over and follow the links to see what we all created). We exchanged beads, and then made something out of the beads our partner sent us. I had a ball!

See the  picture of the beads my partner Cindy Wimmer of Sweet Bead Studio, made for me out of copper. Aren’t they great? Cindy writes for several books and magazines about making wire beads. Check out her web site to see what she does, and learn how she makes them. (And find out what she did with the beads I sent her!).

Look at the necklace I made with her beads! I love it. I decided early on to use some of my glass disks. I just didn’t know exactly how I would connect them with Cindy’s links. Eureka! I decided to let her intricate links stand out, and made some simple assorted sized circles out of brass wire, some of the copper wire she sent me, and some black steel wire. I used all sorts of jars and bottles to wrap the wire into circles, cut it, hammered it, and Jim taught me how to solder. I then slightly  oxidized the cicles, buffing off part of the oxidation by hand.  I think the three metals look great together with the glass disks. The copper focal bead sets everything off perfectly. I stepped way out of my usual design style thanks to Cindy, and I am thrilled with the result. Hope you like it!!

{ 41 comments… read them below or add one }

Cindy February 9, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Hello Lyn…Of course I had to hop on over here, it’s just after midnight and I couldn’t wait to see what you made!!! I am speechless. WOW. You told me you really came up with something different, I had no idea! I am truly humbled that you created something so stunning with my wire links. The combination of your signature disks and the variety of metals made this in to a breath taking piece. I sure hope you like what I did with your gorgeous beads too….
Jim is a wonderful husband…he even taught you how to solder! This was so much fun…I’d love to collaborate again with you real soon! :-)

Rickie February 9, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Wow, that is one fabulous necklace you made with your bead soup goodies! Absolutely stunning!

lorelei eurto February 10, 2010 at 5:00 am

WOW. your work is so amazing. The photography alone of your necklace has me speechless. This is truly a work of art. I am so enamored. Hope you plan on keeping this one! It’s a beauty!

Kella February 10, 2010 at 6:27 am

I am in awe of your collaborative piece, both of you have such enviable skills.

Marcie Abney February 10, 2010 at 7:50 am

I love the combo of wire and glass in this necklace. It’s awesome that you learned a new technique. This challenge was always about pushing yourself and your creativity. Great job!

heather February 10, 2010 at 8:08 am

hands down, my favorite bead soup design! the links with your lampwork disks are utterly amazing. every part of the necklace is perfect.

Lisa Liddy February 10, 2010 at 11:01 am

LOVE what you came up with. I am a huge fan of disk beads.

Lori Anderson February 10, 2010 at 11:10 am

Absolutely gorgeous! I love (LOVE) your beads and adore (ADORE!) Cindy’s wire work, so what a great combination!

Thanks for being a part of the party — we’ll do it again soon!

Susan February 10, 2010 at 11:55 am

Just gorgeous. I love the metal work!

Nicki February 10, 2010 at 11:59 am

I want this ! It is absolutely fabulous, so simple and so nice. Go to mass production and make a fortune ;-)

Jen February 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Lyn – this is fabulous! You make me want to go out and try my hand at soldering…all that fire-potential can make all that pretty…nice job!

Maria Grimes February 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Love It! Very creative!

You are welcome to stop by for a cup of “Spring” soup on my blog.

Terri G. February 10, 2010 at 1:44 pm

so artsy! cool wire beads sent and a cool necklace created … way to go! You did a terrific job.

lisa oram February 10, 2010 at 1:53 pm

WOW. That is a stunning piece of jewelry, bested only by Cindy’s work with your beads! I’m very impressed. I am newbie lampworker and I’m so glad to have found your blog. I will come back often.

Lyn Foley February 10, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Thank you Lisa, and everyone else for your kind comments. I did have so much fun making this piece. I’ve been away from the computer for awhile, and itching to get back to looking at all the other great creations at our party!

Jayne February 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm

the wire work, glass discs & mixed metals work perfectly together

Cathryn February 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Extremely blown away! What creative juices went into each piece of this fabulous necklace! I love it!

Jeanette Blix Ryan February 10, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I love the necklace you designed with Cindy’s copper components and your beautiful glass beads! Stunning!

Laurel February 10, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Wonderful! Love it!

Erin February 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm

This is a wonderful piece! Very creative and unique with those soldered links through your disc beads!

JBirds Garden February 10, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Really lovely. So creative and expressive! I love it

Emanda February 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm

What a great blending of your style and your partner’s love it

Hasn’t this been fun?!?

Emanda

Shelby Foxwell February 10, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Love your design! Your discs are gorgeous and I like the mix of metals and of course the links from Cindy! Fabulous…

Loretta February 10, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Love the copper pieces. You did a great job on this.

Mary K February 10, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Wow what a combination, Cindy’s wire work and your disks. An absolutely fabulous necklace

melanie February 10, 2010 at 8:45 pm

That is absolutely gorgeous! Its like the wire and the glass beads were made for each other! Thanks for sharing!

Judy February 10, 2010 at 9:07 pm

What a fabulous collaboration between you and Cindy! This piece is just perfection..everything about it I love!

sandi m February 10, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Beautiful combo of your beads/wire with Cindy’s components! And love what she did with your beads, too. Two VERY talented artists!

Julie Nordine - Credit River Art Glass February 10, 2010 at 10:33 pm

This is just a beautiful piece, Lyn. You married your glasswork w/ Cindy’s wirework perfectly. Well done!

mary harding February 11, 2010 at 3:51 am

What a beautiful necklace. I love the color of your glass discs and they are even more beautiful with Cindy’s copper components. You made magic with your soup ingredients.

Kate February 11, 2010 at 5:57 am

What a perfect combination and match up! I love all aspects of it, it’s just stunning!

Hope you are enjoying the Party!
Kate ~
Organic Odysseys #46 Bead Souper

Lyn Foley February 11, 2010 at 7:08 am

Thank you! I’m loving the party and still have more links to click Yeah—-

Janet McDonald February 11, 2010 at 7:21 am

What an exciting pc not hum drum run of the mill!! I would be really happy to wear this its sooo lovely funky!!

Erin Prais-Hintz February 11, 2010 at 7:35 am

Lyn- This is most certainly one of my absolute favorites. The combination of your beautiful disks and Cindy’s amazing wire is phenomenal. You should collaborate again real soon! That is a great focal! I love how you got inventive and wired it together since you didn’t have your tools with you. Very nice.
Thanks for sharing this heaping serving of great soup! Be sure to stop by and taste some of mine. Enjoy the day! Erin

Katie Nelson February 11, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I love the necklace – the copper beads are so cool, and I love that you made your own chain…Super work!

Dee February 11, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Lyn, you’ve created another wonderful piece of wearable art! The metal beads you received are wonderful…I’ve booked marked Sweet beads by the way…and your glass beads are absolutely beautiful!! great job

sandra February 11, 2010 at 10:13 pm

love the dark mysterious feel! haunting and beautiful!

Patty Lakinsmith February 12, 2010 at 8:56 am

Lyn, your soup is brilliant and delicious! Cindy’s copper beads are fascinating, and your solution for incorporating your discs worked great. Nice job!

Patty

Jo Tinley February 12, 2010 at 12:06 pm

Wow! I absoloutely love your necklace! I’m always stumped on how to use disc beads, and this is just perfect.
Jo

Patti February 13, 2010 at 2:57 am

Really fabulous! Love it! Patti

Regina February 13, 2010 at 10:52 am

How very creative, love the way your necklace highlights the copper link beads, pendant and toggle and also your glass discs. Beautiful!