big lampwork beads

Making a Statement – Ykkks!

by Lyn Foley on June 3, 2010

My computer, after hiccups, coughs, fevers, and sleepless nights, is lingering in a sad state. I spent most of the day yesterday with the “Geek Squad” at Best Buy, hoping for a better prognosis. Alas, no luck. So now I am the proud owner of a new computer, however, in the process lost my passwords file and haven’t been able to post my statement necklace (or anything else, either).

So, finally got into my blog, and hope I am not too late for the ABS Carnival Blog about “Statement Pieces.” Each of the members has made a fabulous “wow” necklace, here’s the list.

Cindy Gimbrone
Cindy Dolezal Designs
Island Girl Insites
Janel Dudley
Jeannie’s Blog
Jen Valesquez
Kate Clawson
Marcie Abney
Mary Harding
Nicki’s Reef
Sharon’s Jewelry Garden

Check them all out – you’ll see some great creations using art beads. Here is mine, from a conglomeration of BIG lampwork beads I made, some old silver beads, and whatever else I had on hand. Enjoy!

big lampwork beads

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Janel June 3, 2010 at 7:00 am

This is so much fun! I wish I could wear for at least one day!

mary harding June 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

Beautiful necklace. My favorite range of colors. glad you have a computer. so upsetting to everything when it goes down.

Christine Hansen June 3, 2010 at 10:08 am

What a lovely statement! Luscious colors and beads, and a custom clasp? Simply divine!

Cindy June 3, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Hi Lyn
Glad you are able to get back online, but so sorry about all of the trouble and expense you’ve gone through!
Your piece is just gorgeous…it’s your wonderful beads that make the statement!

Jeannie June 4, 2010 at 6:35 am

It is so bold and rich in color. It’s stunning, truly!

It’s so frustrating when things you count on every day break down and you can’t fix them yourself. GRRRRRRRRRR

Lyn Foley June 4, 2010 at 6:54 am

Thanks y’all for the comments. Since I posted my 19 year old great-nephew Joshua was up from Houston visiting, and bless his little geek heart, he moved, captured and recreated most of my lost computer stuff! I’m back in business.

D Lynne Bowland June 25, 2010 at 4:23 am

Looks great… never too late too post… deadlines are for school… and juried things not for thing we volunteer to do!