Color Palette Blog

Color Palette Blog Walk (Bead Soup is the previous post and still simmering)

by Lyn Foley on February 28, 2011

I’ve really been busy this week, hopping around to the blogs for Bead Soup. I’ll be at it for a while. Meanwhile, here is another party,a color palette blog walk. Brandi, a jewelry designer, writes an inspiring blog about color. She set up a week where 20 bloggers share photos we’ve personally taken, and the color palettes we turned them into. Four people will post per day for the next five days. (I’m on day two, so be sure to see the previous and future posts.)

Jim and I took a short, but lovely vacation in January to Big Bend National Park.   Even though we have lived in Texas for nine years, we’ve only recently be able to visit this magnificent spot.  Wintertime is not the park’s peak season, but we didn’t care. The place is awesome, in the real meaning of a very overused word. I took buckets of photographs, and will be inspired for months and months. I pulled out three of them for you, and in a week or so I will share the jewelry I’m making using the palettes.

These grasses were  in a spot named Javelina Wash.

According to a book I purchased this cactus is named the Purple Prickley Pear. I wouldn’t call it purple myself, but oh, love the colors.

This photo was taken from Sotol Vista Overlook.  The sotols are the yuccas with the tall spires.  The air was crisp and clean, the day was lucious, and the sky made me want to jump up and into it. Such a spot. I’m still remembering  how grand it was to be there.

Enjoy the inspration, and visit the other blogs for even more.

Monday, Feb. 28th
Brandi at Brandi Girl Blog – You Are Here!
Erin at Treasures Found

Rachel at Balanced Crafts
Wren at Each Day
Kelly at Mackin Art
Kristy at Simply Shiny Blog

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

jenni Connolly March 1, 2011 at 12:30 am

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos and palettes.
I love the soft/rasberry pink colours of the cactus and will look forward to seeing what you create using that palette.
Jenni

Shari March 1, 2011 at 8:07 am

I absolutely love the cactus color palette! The others are wonderful, too, but the colors are so surprising in the cactus photo! You could decorate a room, or yourself, with these colors!

Vicki Potter March 1, 2011 at 9:14 am

Fabulous photos — I especially love the cactus photo & palette.

Brandi March 1, 2011 at 9:24 am

Oh, Lyn, these palettes are incredible! I’m loving the cactus palette, too, but the first one is so serene and I’m loving the pop of blue in the last. Absolutely wonderful, thank you so much for playing along!!

Erin Prais-Hintz March 1, 2011 at 10:03 am

We always think of the desert as being colorless. But this just proves that there is beauty and inspiration everywhere! I gasped when I saw that cactus. I didn’t know they came is just an amazing color!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Christie March 1, 2011 at 10:50 am

I love the cactus picture. What a beautiful place! (Fellow blog walker here- nice to meet you!)

Jess March 1, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I’m in love with the pinky cactus… I must have one for my backyard!! Love your palettes!

Jessa | ReArtingDotNet March 1, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I agree – the pinky cactus is a great color scheme. I can see a room decorated with that palette.

Lovely photos!

*wave*

Cindy March 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Lyn, I’ve sure enjoyed the walk through the National Park via your photos. Such a tremendous change in scenery compared to what we see here, as you well know having lived in MD! I’ll admit that Purple Prickely Pear cactus grabbed me too – for the colors and shape AND the cute name! :-) Thanks for the colorful inspiration today!

Karen M March 2, 2011 at 4:17 am

Love, love, love that cactus palette, but I have to admit my absolute favourite is the grasses palette. the colours GLOW! The darker green provides a perfect contrast for the paler colours.

rach March 2, 2011 at 8:28 am

these are awesome!!
love the colours you pulled!

Heidi March 4, 2011 at 10:55 am

Beautiful photos – I especially love that Purple Prickley Pear :)